Full-Text Technical Reports
- Almost 104,000 Department of Defense standards and specifications, also
known as 'mil specs,' are available here in full text. Search by word in the
title, by document ID, by document number or by FSC (Federal Supply Class).
The documents are available in .pdf format.
- Sponsored by the Galvin Library at the Illinois Institute of Technology,
the Contrails collection includes technical reports and conference proceedings
in aerospace and mechanical engineering, materials, ergonomics and other topic
DTIC ONLINE: Public Technical Reports
- Sponsored by the Defense Technical Information Center , DTIC Online
searches publicly accessible information sources and includes report citations
and many full-text technical reports.
NASA Documents Online
- A title listing of many fulltext NASA documents.
- NASA Glenn Research
Center Technical Reports
- Over 3361 NASA technical report abstracts and over 3042 fulltext documents
History Series Publications
- Contains the full-text of (mostly) out-of-print NASA documents, including
NASA SPs and EPs. Search the topical index (broad subject category) or use
your browser's 'Find' function (control + f) to locate a specific report.
- NASA Technical
- The NTRS database allows searching of various servers such as CASI TRS,
which are maintained by numerous NASA research centers. These servers index a
large number of technical reports and conference papers from NACA (predecessor
to NASA, 1915-1958), the NASA collection (1958 to the present) and the NIX
collection (images, photos, movies). Many documents appear in fulltext format.
- Online, full-text documents provided by the DOT and browsable by subject
category. Of particular interest are the
Aviation (ATC, airports, laws, etc.) and
Safety and Security (accidents, human factors, etc.) sections. Click on
Advanced Search to search by keyword.
Research and Technology Organisation (RTO/AGARD)
- 'The mission of the RTO is to conduct and promote co-operative research
and information exchange to support the development and effective use of
national defence research and technology to meet the military needs of
[NATO].' This site includes full-text versions of many technical RTO and AGARD
proceedings, reports and papers. Search by keyword and by type of report.
- Electronic books, online journals, audio files, and images are harvested
from digital library repositories and made available, often in fulltext
format, through the University of Michigan Digital Library Production Service.
- US Army Aeromedical
- Established in 1962, the AARL provides aviation medical research support
to Army aviation activities. Click on "Technical Reports" for a dropdown menu,
then select "Search for Tech Reports." Most accurate searching is by Report
Number; many documents are full text.