Accommodation in Aircraft Cockpits: Methodologies for Examination
- This technical document discusses cockpit measurements and their relation
to various body sizes and proportions. An annotated bibliography with links to
cited fulltext documents is included.
Aviation Maintenance [formerly Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance and
- This site provides access to products of the Federal Aviation
Administration Flight Standards Service "Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance
and Inspection Program." Click on "Publications" for fulltext research
reports, conference proceedings, and the FAA Aviation Maintenance Human
Factors Annual Reports from FY 1991 to 2004. Click on "HFSkyway Temp 2007" to
locate the most recent documents.
- FAA Human Factors
- Provides synopses of research conducted by various agencies and institutes
as well as links to other human factors research activities.
Flight Deck Automation Issues
- This FAA funded site provides information on human factors issues in
commercial transport flight deck automation. The research project has three
components: identification of automation issues, data compilation, and
Human Factors (Univ. of Illinois - UC)
- Sponsored by the Aviation Human Factors Division, Institute of Aviation,
University of Illinois/Urbana-Champaign, this site provides fulltext technical
reports and conference papers dealing with human factors research. Included
are several International Symposium on Aviation Psychology conferences as well
as Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting proceedings.
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Official homepage of the HFES. Click on "Publications" to view the tables
of contents from several journal titles or use the "Search" function to search
a topic or author. ERAU affiliates may contact the Hunt Library for
information on obtaining full text.
Human Factors Research Project
- Formerly known as the Aerospace Crew Research Project, this University of
Texas site has expanded its research focus to include teams in environments
other than flightdecks. The project investigates factors which determine
performance and safety, for example, Crew Resource Management (CRM). This site
gives an overview of their research, the full-text of many of the resultant
papers, human factors links, and more.
- Human Systems
- From NASA Ames Research Center, this site describes the current research
activities of the Human Systems Integration Division involving human
performance, technology design, and human-computer interaction.
Pilot Safety Brochures
- Fulltext brochures dealing with human factors published by the FAA's Civil
Aerospace Medical Institute.